I used the A Little Wild stamp set bundle from Stampin’ Up! to create the CAS (clean and simple) card I am sharing with you today.
The inspiration for my CAS sketch is from CAS(E) This Sketch #231. I hope you’ll check out what the designers have created and even play along with this challenge.
To me, a clean and simple card sketch is probably the hardest to create. And, I am not really sure why, because they are meant to be just clean and simple! But this stamp set, A Little Wild, seemed to be perfect for the sketch. I started by stamping the front facing part of the lion image in Basic Black Archival ink onto a panel of water color paper. Each of the three animal stamps in the set have the front and the back of the animal so that it can be cut out and folded to create a little card. See page 108 in the Annual Catalog.
Then, using my Aqua Painter and Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Early Expresso inks, colored him in. I used the Little Loves Framelits Die to cut him out, and finished cutting the area around the top of his head with my Paper Snips since he was not going to be folded for a little gift card.
I cut out a square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies in Whisper White, then adhered it to a panel of Pick a Pattern Designer Series paper cut into a scalloped square from the Layering Squares Framelits. A banner was cut from another panel of the Pick a Pattern DSP and I dry fitted where I wanted the banner and lion panel to be placed. Then, I removed them and stamped the sentiment in Early Expresso ink onto a panel of Whisper White. The Whisper White panel was adhered to a panel of Early Expresso then the banner was added with some liquid glue. I popped the lion on with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then onto the card front with more dimensionals. A Crushed Curry Enamel Shape Heart finished off the front.
I chose a sentiment from the Just Add Text stamp set and used Early Expresso ink. A strip of the Pick a Pattern DSP used for the banner in the front was added to the bottom of the inside panel, then adhered to the card base with liquid glue. Enjoy!
A complete list of supplies and card stock cuts will be at the end of my post.
July Host Code: 6MW3HVCR
When you place an online order, use the above Host Code for a free gift from me. If your order is $150 or more, do not add the code.. The gift is your choice of any item valued to $10.00 in the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog ** Make sure that you designate me as your Demonstrator when ordering and allow Demonstrator contact, so that you will receive credit for your free gift! See my REWARDS page to learn more about all of my customer rewards.
Not sure where to add your Host Code? Click HERE for more info.
Only 7 days left to earn Bonus Days Rewards!!!
Bonus Days are back! For every $50 you spend between July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31!
Here are the details:
- There is no limit to the number of coupons you can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
- Order deadline: July 31, 2017 by 11:50 PM (MT)
I would love to have you join my team as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. If you love the Stampin’ Up! products, this is the best time to join. There are so many benefits, and we have a Holiday catalog about to be released. Wouldn’t you love to get your hands on those new products on August 1st? (a full month before everyone else) Yes, that is right, we can order beginning on August 1st, in fact, we’ll be able to see a PDF of the catalog this week WooHoo!!
Here are some things to think about:
Ho, ho, ho! Stampin’ Up!’s Christmas in July promotion makes it easier than ever to sign up to be a demonstrator! In addition to the already great deal on the Starter Kit where you get $125 in products for only $99, new demonstrators that join in July will receive a FREE Essentials Gift Pack including Paper Snips, SNAIL Adhesive, Grid Paper, two D Blocks (one for you and one for a stamping friend!), and a Bone Folder!
And Stampin’ Up! will also include the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the holiday catalog for FREE! With so many basic items provided for you, you’ll be able to get your brand, new business off to a fast start—and spend your Starter Kit dollars on things like your favorite stamp sets and accessories!
With the Essentials Gift Pack and the Carols of Christmas Stamp set, that’s an added value of $72 that you’ll get for free with your Starter Kit when you join in July!
A little fine print:
- This offer is good for any recruit who joins during the month of July, including former demonstrators.
- All Starter Kit orders must be submitted by 11:59 PM (MT) on July 31 to be eligible for this promotion.
- Recruits may not exchange their Essential Gift Pack items for other products, including the free stamp set.
- Please note: The Essentials Gift Pack will automatically be added to the Starter Kit.
Not convinced yet? Here are more reasons to join today!
- You’ll get a minimum 20% discount on all of your orders – and it can go even higher! With all of: your orders, you can save even more – earning Stampin’ Rewards dollars to spend on more free goodies!
- Your Starter Kit can be any products you want – from any active catalog – including bundles (save another 10%)
- With Stampin’ Up! – you get about SIX MONTHS to enjoy the benefits of being a demonstrator. That’s right – you have from the time you join until the end of your first full Stampin’ Up! quarter to take advantage of the demonstrator discounts and benefits. July is the start of a quarter – the end of the first full quarter is 31 Dec. So you’ll have until 31 Dec to reach your first $300 in sales to renew for Jan – March.
- No commitment – and no penalty if you decide to drop! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter (31 Dec), you renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. If you don’t – you can “drop” with no penalty. Where else can you find a deal like this??
- You get to order early from the new catalogs. All demonstrators have the chance to pre-order select goodies from each new catalog!
- You’ll be invited to join our private Facebook community – where we chat, ask questions, share projects and win fun prizes!
- Our group meets once a month via Google Hangouts and once a quarter in person if you live in the Atlanta area. If you’re too far for our face to face meetings, we still hang out with you on Google Hangouts!
Click Here to read more about the steps to joining Stampin’ Up! or email me cardiologybyJari@gmail.com
If you are in need of any stamping supplies, I would love to be your demonstrator. Just click on the Shop With Me button on the right side of my page and go directly to my online store.
- Shop my online store HERE
- Cardiology by Jari HEART Rewards, HERE
- How to receive free monthly tutorials HERE
- Need a catalog? firstname.lastname@example.org
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Needed to Create A Little Wild CAS Card
Card Stock Cuts
Crushed Curry base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Early Expresso panel 4 x 5 1/4
Whisper White 2 1/2 square; outside panel 3 7/8 x 5 1/8; inside panel 4 x 5 1/4
Pick a Pattern square 2 3/4 x 2 3/4; banner 1/2 x 4 1/4
Canson Cold Press Water color paper for lion 2 x 2
Thanks for stopping by today to check out my CAS card! See you next time.