Today, I am sharing a card from the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set from Stampin’ Up!
The colors for my card were inspired by the Fab Friday #82 Challenge. Head over to see all of the creations and play along!
I saw a collar fold card on Pinterest and thought it would make a fun card for this challenge. See it here. There are also some directions for making the fold for the front of the card. I will also explain below. I did not plan to make this card exactly the way it turned out, but had to make a quick change because of a boo-boo! I am so thankful I found a way to salvage it! The oval banner was a life saver—in my steps below, I will explain the right way to go about adding the sentiment! 🙂
I just love Honeycomb Happiness, not only because it is free during Sale-a-Bration, but also because of all 6 stamps that are included. Three are images and three are phrases. I also love how this ice cream cone pairs with the Birthday Bouquet DSP, don’t you?
Tips for making the card:
- Stamp the ice cream cone with Basic Black onto Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, and Pool Party.
- Cut out the whole Soft Suede ice cream cone, cut out only the ice cream on the other 3.
- Stamp the top flavor with the sprinkles stamp from the Sprinkles of LIfe stamp set in Soft Suede.
- Attach the flavors of ice cream onto the Soft Suede cone with multipurpose glue.
- Cut a panel of Birthday Bouquet DSP (ice cream cones) 4 1/4″ X 5 1/2″ ; at the half way point, (2 3/4″), make a slit with the trimmer 1 1/2″ in toward the center, and fold and crease the paper back.
- Decide where you want to add the sentiment BEFORE adding the DSP folded panel to the front of your card, and stamp it. Because the fold is thicker than the base card, my stamp wobbled and made the image blur, so I quickly came up with an alternate idea. Especially since I had already folded and glued down the decorative panel!
- Then, glue or snail the folded DSP to the base-I used Whisper White Thick cardstock.
- Because of my boo-boo, I stamped another sentiment onto a piece of Blushing Bride and punched it out with a scallop oval punch, then attached it with dimensionals.
- Attach the ice cream with dimensionals, too.
- Finish the inside as desired
Here is how I decided to finish mine:
I used one of the sentiments from the Another Thank You stamp set and stamped it in Soft Suede ink. The top and bottom of the panel were trimmed with Mint Macaron Washi Tape.
Don’t you think it is time you get your free Honeycomb Happiness stamp set? Just order $50 of stamping products from Stampin’ Up! before tax and shipping between now and March 31st and you can order it-or any of the other awesome free products. Add another free product for each $50 spent!
March Host Code: 6NTQX3FK
When you place an online order with me, receive a free gift. If your order totals $150 or more, do not use the host code, but still receive the gift. March’s free gift is any item from the Annual or Occasions catalog valued to $8. See my Rewards page for more information. If you order from me during Sale-a-Bration, I will also double your Heart Rewards.
Stampin’ Up! Products used in my card today:
If you are in need of stamping supplies, I would love to be your demonstrator. Just click on the Shop with me button and go directly to my online store. Please contact me at email@example.com for any questions you may have.
Thanks for stopping by today! See you next time…