Hi, and happy Monday. Is that an oxymoron? Hopefully, not! Hope it is a great day for you. 🙂 My share today is a Drapery Fold Card using the new Floral Boutique DSP from Stampin’ Up! My upline, Amy Koenders, had a team meeting yesterday and this is one of the 3 cards we made. I will share the other two later this week. Mary Deatherage, Sue Prather, and I were the teachers for the day, and decided to make some cards with fun folds! I can’t wait to show you the other two.
We all used the same Floral Boutique DSP on our cards, but surprisingly, we each focused on a different pattern. Pretty cool!
This is my second Drapery Fold card I have posted. You can see my other one HERE. To me, you get a dramatic effect with very little effort when making this card. You just need to choose a sentiment that will fit into your right corner. And, you could use this for a wedding card as I did, or birthday, or any other occasion for that matter! I actually used three different stamp sets for this card! The sentiment for the front is from Birthday Blossoms.
For the inside, I chose the flower image from Bloomin’ Love because the pattern is similar to the DSP on the front, and the sentiment is from the new Floral Phrases set. Floral Phrases has 2 stamps that actually match the Floral Boutique DSP.
Tips, Tricks and measurements for making a Drapery Fold card:
- Use 12 x 12 DSP, and cut a panel that is 4 X 11 1/2; score at 3″, 4″, 6″, 7″, 9″, 10″
- Beginning at the 3″ score (on the left), use scissors and cut diagonally up to the right side of the DSP to about 1 1/2″ down from the top; pleat on the scored lines to create the drapery effect.
- Use snail or glue to hold the pleats together (do not attach this piece to the front of the card yet)
- Place your drapery piece on the card base to determine where you want your stamping, then stamp your sentiment.
- Now snail or glue the drapery piece to the front of the card. I left a little margin at the top.
- I created a bow with my Bow Builder punch and used some Night of Navy card stock to serve as “ribbon” going horizontally under the bow.
- Stamp your inside sentiment and decorate the bottom with a strip of DSP used on the front.
Here are some pictures of Amy’s Inkin’ Krew hard at work making their Drapery Fold cards. Sorry they are so dark.
Wouldn’t you love to be a part of our team? June is the perfect time to join Stampin’ Up! And, remember, there is no commitment to sell anything, you can be a hobby demonstrator. Look at the benefits for joining in June:
- Promotion Period: June 1–30, 2016
- New recruits who join during the promotion period may choose two stamp sets from the new annual catalog to be included in the Starter Kit for free.
- Bundles and kits cannot be selected as free stamp sets for this promotion.
- Promotion Deadlines: New recruits must be submitted online or by fax by the times below in order to receive free stamps.
- FAX: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 6:50 PM (MT).
- ONLINE IDA: Thursday, June 30, 2016 by 11:50 PM (MT
Please contact me if you have any other questions! cardiologybyJari@gmail.com You may also click on the Join My Team page for more info.
**** I promised to have my products up for my “Stampin’ Up! retired products Garage Sale” soon. I will have them posted by this Wednesday. Sorry for the delay-I am working on it 🙂
If you are in need of stamping supplies, I would love to be your demonstrator. Just click on the Shop With Me button and go directly to my online store for easy 24/7 shopping!
June Host Code: 67XNFVCR
When you place an online order with me, use the host code for a free gift. If your order totals $150 or more, do not use the code as you will receive stampin’ rewards, but you will still receive my free gift! The free gift for June is any item valued to $8 in the Annual Catalog. Check out my REWARDS page for more information on your free gift and Heart Rewards.
Thanks for stopping by today, hope to see you tomorrow for a treat from Amy’s Inkin’ Krew!